Fire damages some local woodlands

The Seymour fire chief said burning leaves are to blame for an afternoon blaze on Nov. 28 that burned 1.5 acres of mostly wooded area.

Chief Mark Nibling said crews could see smoke as they pulled up to a home at 2386 County Road 1500 East in Piatt County. A resident there reported that he had been burning leaves, and the flames got out of control and ignited two old vans and a propane tank. The flames also spread to the nearby woods before crews got them contained.

No one was hurt, and Nibling did not have a damage estimate.

Comments

The Piatt County Journal-Republican embraces discussion of both community and world issues. We welcome you to contribute your ideas, opinions and comments, but we ask that you avoid personal attacks, vulgarity and hate speech. we reserve the right to remove any comment at its discretion, and we will block repeat offenders' accounts. To post comments, you must first be a registered user, and your username will appear with any comment you post. Happy posting.

Login or register to post comments

Event Calendar

Today's Events  |  FAQ
Log in to add an event