10 Questions: Meet Sherry Romero

Sherry Romero is the new administrative assistant at both the Mahomet Citizen and the Piatt County Journal Republican. Romero began her duties on March 5, and she looks forward to serving both the Mahomet and Monticello communities.

Romero has a 12-year-old son, Oscar. She recently made the move from Clinton to DeLand.

Before beginning her position with News-Gazette Media, Romero worked at the Clinton IGA as an office clerk for 10 years.

1: If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?
Read and study.

2: What hobby would you get into if time and money weren’t an issue?
Traveling to other countries.

3: What could you give a 45-minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation?
Family.

4: When you are old, what do you think children will ask you to tell a story about?
My oldest son, Ontario Sneed, who played college football for Central Michigan. During a Motor City Bowl game at Ford Field, he ran 96 yards for a touchdown.

5: What’s the favorite piece of clothing you own or did own? And why?
A dress from my mom, it reminds me of her. She’s deceased.

6: What are the small things that would make your day better? Why is that?
A thank-you and a smile. A thank-you lets me know I’m appreciated, and a smile says “I care”; here’s something to brighten your day.

7: What is the luckiest thing that has happened to you and when did it occur?
Recently getting my job at News-Gazette Media on March 5, 2018.

8: What is one of your favorite smells?
Barbecue cooking on the grill.

9: What fictional place would you most like to go?
Gilligan’s Island.

10: If you could give advice based on your knowledge today to yourself as a 20-year-old what would it be?
Not to make any quick decisions, finish the dream and see if it’s worth it in the end.

And since we couldn’t stop at 10, one bonus question: What gets you fired up?
Procrastination — why put off until tomorrow what you can do today?

Categories (2):News, People

Comments

Comments for this post are inactive.

Event Calendar

Today's Events  |  FAQ