Health officials are reporting an eighth case of COVID-19 in Piatt County today (May 20), it's first positive test in eight days.
“Piatt County is reporting a new case today in a 46-year-old female health worker working in Champaign County. She is having no signs or symptoms at this time,” said DeWitt/Piatt Bi-County Health Department Administrator David Remmert.
He added she is isolating at home with a potential release of May 31, pending no symptoms and is fever free at that time. Close contacts have been notified and will also isolate and monitor for signs and symptoms at home until June 1.
Six of the eight positive cases in Piatt County have been in health care workers.
A testing update for the bi-county region:
DeWitt County: 413 people tested, 408 negative, 1 pending, 4 cases (3 recovered)
Piatt County: 427 people tested, 418 negative, 1 pending, 8 cases (6 recovered)
The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) today (May 20) announced 2,388 new cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Illinois, including 147 additional deaths.
- Clinton County: 1 male 60s, 1 female 80s
- Cook County: 1 female 20s, 3 males 30s, 1 female 40s, 4 males 40s, 1 female 50s, 4 males 50s, 7 females 60s, 19 males 60s, 8 females 70s, 6 males 70s, 1 unknown 70s, 9 females 80s, 13 males 80s, 10 females 90s, 5 males 90s, 1 male 100+
- DuPage County: 1 male 20s, 1 male 40s, 2 males 60s, 3 females 70s, 2 males 70s, 2 females 80s, 1 male 80s, 1 female 90s
- Grundy County: 1 unknown 90s
- Kane County: 1 female 40s, 2 males 40s, 1 female 60s, 3 males 60s, 3 females 70s, 1 female 80s, 2 males 80s, 2 female 90s
- Kankakee County: 1 male 70s, 1 male 80s
- Lake County: 1 male 50s, 1 female 60s, 1 female 70s, 3 females 80s, 1 male 80s, 2 females 90s, 1 male 90s
- Madison County: 1 male 70s
- McDonough County: 1 female 80s
- McHenry County: 1 female 60s, 1 male 80s
- Union County: 1 male 80s
- Whiteside County: 1 female 80s
- Will County: 1 female 60s, 2 females 90s
- Winnebago County: 1 male 60s
- Woodford County: 1 female 90s
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 100,418 cases, including 4,525 deaths, in 100 counties in Illinois. The age of cases ranges from younger than one to older than 100 years. Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 21,029 specimens for a total of 642,713. The statewide 7-day rolling positivity rate, May 11-17, 2020 is 14%.